Many years ago a German friend had us over for dinner. She not only prepared us a delicious meal from her mother's recipes she shared her recipes with me. Beef Stroganoff served over spaetzle has been a family favorite ever since.
Now that my sons are heading out on their own they are asking for my recipes so that they can prepare their favorites themselves. Though not a pretty dish for a photograph, it makes up for itself with flavor.
We have served this over packaged egg noodles and toasted bread, but our favorite is with homemade spaeztle. Hope you enjoy. Zum Wohl.
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 small onion, minced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2-1/4 cups beef broth (may replace 1/4 cup broth with wine of choice)
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown ground beef in pan. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in saucepan; saute onion until tender.
3. Stir in flour and cook until blended and bubbly.
4. Slowly stir in beef broth and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally
5. Add cooked beef to broth mixture, then add sour cream, dill weed, salt and pepper. Heat through, but do not let boil after sour cream has been added.
Serve over noodles or homemade spaetzle (click on link for recipe)
I love to cook - my family loves to eat- we are a match made in heaven
Join me on facebook
Follow me on Twitter